Subject: Re: How to open a MV/VS 2000?
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/22/1996 03:12:43
On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> However, I didn't get far. My MV 2000 has the "expansion adaptor", as
> the Dutch installation instructions call it. Do I *have* to remove it in
> order to gain access to the underside of the main enclosure?  And do I
> in fact have to get to that in order to open the machine?

I've got to VS2000s and when I pulled one apart I just started removing
all the visable screws.  YMMV.

If you remove the main CPU board, its kinda hard to get all the disk
cables and such pluged back in and such.

> This seems like an abnormal amount of work just to get partially inside.
> Am I missing something obvious or is this really the way it is?

Thats one way of putting it.  I'm really impressed with how compact
everything is.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|