Subject: Re: VS2000 NetBSD port
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/17/1996 10:04:54
On June 17, you wrote:
> Marc Malagelada i Duch <marc@hades.udg.es> wrote:
> > Is there anybody else in this list interested on NetBSD for VS2000?
>
> I am interested in NetBSD on my MicroVAX 2000, which, as far as I
> understand, mostly the same as a VS2000.

  The MicroVAX-2000 and the VAXstation-2000 are the same machine.
Here's the poop:

  There are four serial ports on the cpu board.  On the MicroVAX-2000,
these become the console and three terminal ports.  On the
VAXstation-2000, these become the printer port, keyboard, and mouse
interface.  Both machines have a mono (1024x864x1) frame buffer on the
CPU board...You enable or disable it (read: change it from a
MicroVAX-2000 to a VAXstation-2000 and back) by inserting or removing
a jumper on the CPU board.

  There is a plastic box about the size of a cigarette pack that plugs
into the db9 printer port and db15 keyboard/mouse/video cable
connector and screws into place outside the main chassis.  It takes
over that db9 and db15 and gives you three DECconnect (MMJ) connectors
for terminal ports for the MicroVAX-2000 configuration.

                          -Dave McGuire
                           mcguire@digex.net