Subject: Re: VS2000 NetBSD port
To: None <marc@hades.udg.es, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/17/1996 14:47:18
Marc Malagelada i Duch <marc@hades.udg.es> wrote:
> Is there anybody else in this list interested on NetBSD for VS2000?

I am interested in NetBSD on my MicroVAX 2000, which, as far as I
understand, mostly the same as a VS2000.

> If I am the only one, don't worry about me, go ahead on the port for
> VAXstations 3000 and so.

Well I am waiting for a certain MV 3100 to be discarded, so I won't mind
support for that :)

> I think VS2000 has not enough power to hold a multiuser operating system,
> with only 4Meg of RAM and a 70Meg hard disk.

My MV2000 has 6M real and 160 M or so disk, so that may be small but
doable.  After all, currently it runs VMS.

> Marc.
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ Ceci n'est pas un Magritte          rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl