Subject: Re: VS2000 NetBSD port
To: Marc Malagelada i Duch <marc@hades.udg.es>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/1996 19:09:04
On June 15, you wrote:
> Is there anybody else in this list interested on NetBSD for VS2000?

  YES!!!

> I think VS2000 has not enough power to hold a multiuser operating system,
> with only 4Meg of RAM and a 70Meg hard disk.

  So put more memory and a bigger disk in it.  And about processing
power...How many NetBSD/i386 people are running on 386DX/16 or 386SX
machines?  Quite a few.  They're about the same speed.

> Yes, It would be nice to say "NetBSD runs on every VAX".

  It'd also be nice to pick up a VS2000 at a hamfest for fifty bucks
and turn it into a light-duty, lunchbox-sized web server with NetBSD.

                                 -Dave McGuire
                                  mcguire@digex.net