Subject: tape problems
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: simon <simon@knuffel.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/14/1996 22:24:44
Hi!
<BEGIN LONG STORY>
I have a MVII with tk50.
Due to my relativ little knowlegde in vms (and a missing or
unknown password) i cold installed vms 5.5. After installation
i discovered that tcp/ip is a layered product...
So i was on my own . Today i finally got a scsi tk50
(in one of those nice cash and carry MV2000 cases)
I connected the the tk50 to a sparcstation running
solaris, transferred tk50-file1 via dd on the tape.
<END LONG STORY>
I booted the mv and the result was:

2....
? 4B CTRLERR, MUA0
? 06 HLT INST
     PC=00000E0A
Error.

What does CTRLERR mean? A bad tk50 controller? VMS seems to see the
tk50, it works as intended. Is anything wrong with copying
on solaris? Byteorder?
Any suggestions?

Thanks ,

Simon.
---
Simon. Laule	simon@cs.tu-berlin.de
		simon@knuffel.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de
		laule@mbi.fta-berlin.de

"ICMP Host Unreachable messages can cause a system panic." ...
			Hewlett-Packard Patch Description PHNE_6709