Subject: Can't load miniroot
To: 'smtp:port-vax@NetBSD.ORG' <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Algoma-Exp, Weatherby, Ross <ross@public.algoma-exp.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/1996 08:14:00
Hi There:

I have recently been given a microvax II with 2 rd54 disks & a TK50 tape
drive.  This system arrived without documentation or the admin passwords.
 I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.1 on it, and I am having a problem
initializing the operating system.
I have performed the following steps.

1:   Created the two tapes on another VAX
2:   Booted off the boot tape & run edlabel
3:   Run copy from the tape to the boot partition
4:   When I try to enter ra(0,0,1)gennetbsd I get Error 22 Unknown error

I checked the cpu board & it is a M7606, no letters

Ross M. Weatherby                    Telephone:  1-705-946-1465
ross@public.algoma-exp.com             Address:  196 Boundary Road
President                                        Sault Ste. Marie, On.
Algoma Experts
  I guess if I say it, it sort of does represent the company....