Subject: The Many faces of MVII
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/07/1996 09:53:02
Hello all,

There has been a lot of discussion about diffrent flavours of the Microvax II.
I have been trying two types of Microvax boards.  Can those who are will be
good enough to look at the module numbers that are on the edge of the CPU
board (It has three connectors on the edge, two small ones and one large one)?
The number starts with an 'M'

It seems wierd that there are all these users of Microvax II's out there that
have running versions of NETBSD out there.  I have been at a parts dealer and
looked at over 40 Microvax II boards (even checked the module number in the
DEC catalog, which says it is a Microvax II) they fall into two types:
Microvax II/RT  and "Value Engine".  Neither of these work!  What other
types are there.

For my part I have ordered a KA650 board and memory to put an end to this
whole thing (unless there is also a myriad of these!!!!??).

Thanks again

Andy
asporner@eagle.ibc.edu