Subject: Installing 1.1 on a 3400
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robin Birch <birchr@royalmail.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/07/1996 10:33:15
Dear All,
The 3400 saga continues.  Config is:

3400
20MByte
RF31
2*RF30
1*RA90
TK70

I have installed the miniroot on the RA90 and have done a newfs on ra0a, ra0g,
and ra0h.  What do I do next?.

I'm assuming that I unload the bin, dev, etc and sbin tars onto the new root.
If so, does the tar that I've got in 1.1 support .gz tars?.  If so what is the
command line?.  Forgive me for this but I'm only used to BSD 2.11 on a pdp
so many of these points will look like a think newbie, also the tar that I'm
used to doesn't support .gz so this is a little new.

If my assumptions are correct up to this point.  I am assuming that I then
put some boot blocks on the new root and copy gennetbsd over.  I then reboot
single user, mount the rest of the file system and get the usr and var stuff
off.

Appologies about this but the installation manuals are a bit of a leap of
faith at this point.

Regards

Robin
Robin Birch					01793 494908 (Tel)