Subject: Re: I'm giving up!
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Ivie <IVIE@cc.usu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/06/1996 09:29:22
> cpu0 at backplane0: MicroVAX 78032/78132
> sbi0 at backplane0panic: Microvax not supported

Say, guys, is it possible our friend here has an rtVAX?

To refresh everyone's memory, the rtVAX was originally a reworked
MicroVAX II with a modified MMU so that it would only run VAXeln. IIRC, the
change to the MMU was to not allow second-level page tables to be paged; ie.,
the user-space page tables had to be resident in memory. Since then, rtVAX
has primarily been a marketing name attached to otherwise normal VAX
configurations (for example, the rtVAX300 is a straight CVAX/CFPA combo
in a brick with a SGEC; at one time (when the VAX/VMS guys were getting
desperate) there was even talk of supporting the rtVAX300 under VMS).

Anyone out there know any real details about the original rtVAX? I've never
played with one, so all I have to go on are stale rumors...

Roger Ivie
ivie@cc.usu.edu