Subject: Re: Help with MVII install
To: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
From: Jonathan Sturges <jonathan@cc.odu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/1996 10:05:55
On Fri, 24 May 1996, A. Sporner wrote:
> Can somebody out there who has a working MVII system tell me what the
> date of the ROM's are on the processor?  What I have is:
>
> 		DEC85 LM8701 110E6
> 		DEC85 LM8704 111E6
>
> Of course it is an M7606AF module revision B.  I would really like to
> get this system working soon.  Thanks a lot in advance

I forgot to check the ROM revs. last time I had my uVaxII open.  I *do*
know that when you power it up, it says KA630 v1.2  (Not sure if the
'1.2' pertains to the ROMs or the board rev, tho).  It runs NetBSD fine.

My older (and now fried) KA630 board has the same ROMs on it that yours
does.  However, I can't give you any conclusive answers here, based on my
experience, because I never successfully got NetBSD installed before that
particular processor board smoked.  :-)  I *did* get as far as labelling
the disk and running racopy (I was installing 1.0A back then), and that
much worked.  So I think the ROMs you have should be fine, AFAIK.

good luck,
Jonathan