Subject: Re: Help with MVII install
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/20/1996 16:27:51
Hello Ragge and all,

I sent this first only to Ragge, I should have included the rest as
well.  I was working with DEC diagnostics which dumped a configuration
that was pretty detailed, maybe this might also help.

> What's happening is that the kernel determines which chipset it is
> (the Microvax II chipset) but cannot determine the system type on
> which it is placed. I think someone else also got this once. If
> you can do

> and send me the result I may be able to track down the problem.
>

>>> e/p/l 20040004
  P 20040004  01010000

Here is the configuration:

 SYSTEM CONFIGURATION AND DEVICES

     CPUA ... MicroVAX/rtVAX CPU
         KA630-AA 1MB, FPU MC=00 HW=00
     MEMA ... MicroVAX II Memory System
         5 megabytes. 10240 Pages.
               KA630 ... M7606-AA/EA CPU module with 1MB on-board memory
               MS630-BB ... M7608-BA (MS630-BB) Memory module, quad height 4MB
     RQDXA ... Winchester/diskette controller.
         Revisions = 3 and 1
               RD?? ...  Unit #0, Nonremovable, format unknown
               *RX50 ...  Unit #1, Drive is offline.
               *RX50 ...  Unit #2, Drive is offline.
     DEQNAA ... Ethernet controller
         DELQA/DESQA  L 08-00-2B-1B-03-C4
     DZQ11A ... Asynchronous line controller.
     TKXXA ... TK50/TK70 CONTROLLER
         TK-Q-REV MC=4

Thanks in advance for your help