Subject: Re: controller blues
To: Michael J. Way <mway@newton.umsl.edu>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/20/1996 10:09:34
On Sun, 19 May 1996, Michael J. Way wrote:

> right. In fact when I tried labeling one disk quite frequently I couldn't
> partition dua0 differently from dua1. Whenever I tried it would change the
> partition table on both. Okay, so I am digressing here. Sorry.

Sounds like you might have an addressing problem. I'm no expert on the
RQDX controllers and the RDxx disks, but I seem to recall some discussion
on this list not too long ago about setting some jumpers on the disks to
assure correct addressing.

> is functioning? If push came to shove I can *try* to get the thing booted
> up from the remnants of our vaxcluster to see if VMS recognizes the disks.

Sounds like a good idea. It might be simpler to just boot off a VMS
install tape though (the one with Stand-Alone backup). SA-backup always
lists the mass-storage devices it finds when booting.

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar XJ6 4.2 Sovereign