Subject: Re: VAXstation 2000 and formatting drives
To: None <jimw@agora.rdrop.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/18/1996 21:07:27
On May 18, you wrote:
> Ok, I finally tracked down a VAXstation 2000 (VS410-EA) to use for a
> hard drive formatter (and perhaps general tinkering), can someone
> enlighten me on the proper incantation for formatting drives with this
> critter?  (no docs, of course)

  Try "test 70" or maybe "test 71"...I don't remember which...but it's
something like that.

> And... does anyone know the pinout on the monitor/keyboard/mouse
> connector (db-15) so I can see what I am doing?!?  I don't support I
> could be so fortunate that it would match the connector on my VAXStation
> II/GPX, eh?

  Yup, it should be the same.  At least...I have taken a mono video
cable from a '2000 and used it on a GPX driving a mono tube in
greyscale mode...works fine...they pretty much standardized the
video/keyboard connectors..

                            Regards,
                            -Dave McGuire
                             Systems Engineer