Subject: Installing w/out tapes?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Turo Heikkinen <tjheikki@niksula.hut.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/12/1996 20:12:11
I got a uVAX II/GPX with one crashed VMS RD53 and one working but not
booting. I'd like to get NetBSD running but the normal ways are kinda
difficult because of no system and no chances to write TK50:s (don't
even have any tapes). So:

- Can it somehow be net-booted? It's already connected to the Net
  (130.233.37.211, suggestions for a good name welcome) and I also
  got a couple of other machines serving.

- Can it boot via floppies and can PC floppy drives be converted to
  VAX drives? (Just need to get FTP or NFS working to get the rest.)

- Anyone with spare TK50:s and chances to copy them?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. For photos of my uVAX, it's boards and dozens of other VAXen, check my
site at http://onyx.tky.hut.fi/~tjheikki/vax.html.

 /__//-/     Turo Heikkinen - http://www.hut.fi/~tjheikki for more info

          Why stop now, just when I was hating it?    - Marvin