Subject: 750 bootblocks
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J Lothian <jlothian@tattoo.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/09/1996 19:24:49
I'm sorry that this is very slightly off-topic; I hope
nobody minds.

I'm currently thinking about upgrading my 750 from
a very old version of 4.3 to 4.3net2. As far as I can
tell, I can get just about everything I need to do this
by FTP, with one exception: boot-blocks. The 4.3 I'm
running at the moment doesn't support disk-labelling.
4.3net2 does, and I'd like to use it. However, it looks
as though the disk-label is placed in the bootblock,
which presumably means that the bootblock has to be
changed to accommodate it. The 4.3net2 code that's
available doesn't seem to have the bootblocks in any
form, and I can't find them in the NetBSD hierarchy
either (I'm assuming the NetBSD bootblock/label
format are roughly the same as 4.3net2).

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

James

James Lothian        |      "It's life, Jim,
james@uk.ac.ed.caad  |   but not as we know it"
          These opinions have nothing to do
             with Edinburgh University.