Subject: Dilog DQ686 card
From: Erik Manders <erik@il.ft.hse.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/02/1996 20:22:27
Hello,
	Does anyone know of or have a driver for the Dilog DQ686 ESDI
controller card? Or lacking this, does anyone have any data on this
beast? NetBSD-VAX doesn't currently support it, but since a few days
our computer club has a MicroVAX II with no MFM disks and 2 nice ESDI
disks. We would very much like to get it running and would appreciate
any and all help.

Our VAX has the following innards:
  KA-630 mainboard			(of course)
  2x DataRAM memory boards		(64(!) Mb total)
  DELQA ethernet board
  Dilog TMSCP-emulating card		(attached to Exabyte streamer)
  Dilog DQ686 ESDI controller		(can attach 4 drives, 2 attached)
  Dilog 16 port serial controller	(I forgot the number, not tested)
  RQDX3 Floppy/Harddisk controller	(attached to RX50 drive)
  TK50 controller			(attached to TK50 streamer)
Unfortunately, the VAX also arrived without any docs. We're trying to
track them down.

	The system is also unfortunately set up so that the TK50 is
MUB0 and the exabyte is MUA0. Does anyone have any ideas on how to
reverse this? This was especially frustrating when we first tried to
install, since we didn't have an exabyte install tape and the install
tape is REQUIRED to be in MUA0. We got error 22's when we tried to load
edlabel or copy. Something that can be fixed for the next release?

  Erik Manders				 	      erik@il.ft.hse.nl
--
:evil and rude: adj.  both {evil} and {rude}, but with the
   additional connotation that the rudeness was due to malice