Subject: Ailing VaxStation II's
To: None <PORT-VAX@NetBSD.ORG>
From: GREG ROMANIAK <romaniak@ieee.csuohio.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/30/1996 20:09:35
I just acquired the second of my 2 Vaxstation II's.  They're both identical,
with KA-630, 10 megs ram, VCB-01 video and VR260's and DEQNA's -- they also both
have the same problem -- disagnostics identify the FRU to replace as the RD53
media.

My questions are 1) These would each make a nice NetBSD machine, right? 2) where
can I get very cheap replacements for my dead RD-53's? and 3) If I happen to get
a drive or two, what are my chances of getting them formatted, etc?

Thanks.

btw:  does NetBSD run X on these boxes yet?  or is it in the plans?  without
knowing too much about them, their big displays (and mice) seem to make them
ideal graphical terminals.

Greg