Subject: Re: v1.1B kernel build problems on uVAX II
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/22/1996 11:40:37
> I got the same sort of error when I modified GENERIC similarly. The only
> change I had made was to add a second swap partition on ra4.
[...]
> >right after the kernel finds my DHV11 serial boards and where it usually
> >outputs the message about the root device.
>
> Same place for me too.

I think the problem is in the swapconf() routine (rootfil.c) somewhere
near or at the call of the ???->p_size() routine. I ran into a similiar
problem when I tried to use a different root-device during startup.

I'm not sure if/how this is related to the new config, but eg. the new
SCSI sources have one of the size() routines reomved (I think sdsize()
is missing now). But I'm not sure about that, it's just an idea...

Ciao,
	bertram