Subject: Re: Ultrix compatability problem.
To: None <venger+@pitt.edu>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/16/1996 15:46:03

> Hi all...
>
> 	Well, I've managed to install the 1.1A binary dist, download the
> src tarballs, built the full dist and am now trying to build a kernel
> for my uVAX-II. The problem I'm running into is that when I try to in-
> clude Ultrix compatability, one of the source files (kern.c) looks for
> a header file <machine/ecoff.h> that is nowhere to be found in any of
> the 1.1A distributions I have. Do any of you kind folks out there have
> any idea where I can find this file? I would really like to include
> Ultrix compatability since I only have one lonely RD54 in my uVAX, I
> thought it would be nice to be able to use all the images I have com-
> piled for my VS3100/Ultrix machine (I'm mounting some of it's disks
> on the uVAX via NFS).

The ultrix compat isn't fully supported in the common code yet.
The syscall numbering is different between vax & mips, and the
ecoff code must be #ifdef 0'd (vaxen don't want to know about ecoff).
I have uploaded the relevant files to ftp.luth.se:/pub/NetBSD/ultrix,
get them if you want to use compat-ultrix.

-- Ragge