Subject: Re: It lives!!!
To: Jim Bender <jbender@bdsnet.com>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/1996 11:18:03

> Anyway, now that we are operational, I have a minor "clueless newbie"
> type question to ask:  How do I get it to let me telnet into it as
> root?  I can telnet in as a "normal" user, but it won't let me su...
> My Suns don't complain in this manner (they just complain about everything
> else  :-) )...   any ideas???   I'm sure it is something simple but
> my brain is so frazzled from the grueling NetBSD installation that I'm
> probably just overlooking it...

	Direct remot root logins are blocked by default to provide
	better security
	Either add ' security' to the end of every line in /etc/ttys
	that does not already have it... or always use su :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
  >= http://www.{netbsd,openbsd}.org {sparc,i386,m68k,alpha,mips,vax...} =<
       <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>