Subject: Re: Network boot?
To: Lloyd Parkes <Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/14/1996 09:59:38
On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Lloyd Parkes wrote:

> > Gah, we need a mopd in the source tree, probably.
>
> I have one written by Mats O Jansson. I had to hit it a bit to make it go, but
> it was BSD make aware when I got it.

Which version? I found some big-/little-endian problems in 2.3.? some week
ago when some tried to run it on NetBSD/vax (much of the late work has been
done on NetBSD/sparc). I have a new version 2.4.0 that I will release soon.
I'm intressted in information about any problem you got, so I could fixit
in the new release. Your little a.out to mop images would be of intrest.

> >  > I think my initial fix for #2 will be to hack together some custom start up
> >  > code for the kernel.
> > "Ick."  See above.  Note, the kernel starup code should not have to treat
> > netboot as a special case, and having to do so is totally broken :-)
>
> I know. I just want something that was expedient, and I had already made the
> decision not to write a bootstrap program. Now that I know what is in libsa.a,
> I may reconsider that decision.
>
> Cheers,
> Lloyd

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)