Subject: Kernel compiles, Emulex controllers, Kernel panics
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Tearle <mtearle@tartarus.uwa.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/11/1996 23:17:42
Hi

1) Kernel Compiles

Has anybody tried to compile a new kernel given the Mar 15, 1996 NetBSD/VAX
snapshot and the Apr 6, 1996 NetBSD current sources?  The kernel build is
dying at /usr/include/machine/macros.h with bzero/bcmp/etc being
redefined.

Also, why is /usr/include/machine only found in the binary snapshot and
not the NetBSD-current sources?  (Or is there someplace I haven't
looked?)

2) Emulex Tape Controllers

I am trying to track down some information on MicroVAX II 9-track tape
controllers that Emulex made.  I wish to find out more about them
before I try to plug one into our MicroVAX II running NetBSD here.

The part number of one of the boards:

	ASSY TU0210401 REV B SN 0204

3) Kernel Panics

Our MicroVAX II here seems to panic under high load, it is
currently running the Mar 15 snapshot (including the GENERIC kernel that
came with it).  Has anybody else been experiencing panics?
I have yet to attack db when it has panicked.

4) Serial Card

The same MicroVAX II also has a DPV11A sync serial card, has anybody
written a driver for it?

Yours
Mark
--
Mark Tearle - mtearle@tartarus.uwa.edu.au
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort