Subject: Re: Terminal server for easy serial comunication?
To: None <cjn@isd.se>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/11/1996 03:21:09
On April 11, you wrote:
>  I have just laid my hands on one bridge comunications cs/100 and one
> bridge comunications cs/200 Terminal servers. Im running a couple of
> VAXen and some other old "junk" I dont really like configurating
> serial boards and I thought it could be a really good idea to hook
> terminals and modems to theese servers, since it would allow any
> terminal to connect any machine, right?
> If anyone got one of these disks or the netboot software, could it
> be possible to make some kind of image that could be UU encoded,
> sent by mail and then wrote to disk again  by a PC running DOS or
> linux?

  I believe I have a cs/100 system disk.  I'll check.  The disks can
be copied using the DOS diskcopy program according to docs for a
similar box I have here, an IB-1 Internetwork Bridge that I'm actually
using.  I have several similar boxes and a couple of disks but I
haven't had time to dig through them yet.  I'll let you know what I
find.

  If I don't get back to you in the next week or three, ping me about
it...

            -Dave McGuire
             mcguire@digex.net