Subject: Thanks non important question.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Malagelada i Duch <marc@hades.udg.es>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/01/1996 14:13:49
Thanks for such amount of info! :-)

I have been always moving in a Workstations environment.

All I have seen is a Apollo HP9000 Workstation (series 700).
                     Sun Sparc station model 20.
                     My VAXstation2000
                     MicroVAX3500.
                     A nice Harddisk RACK of 600Mb. (RA81 or RA80 maybe?)

I thought that a uVAX-II was similar to a VAXstation2000, so when I saw
a uVAX-II I was surprised.
The one I saw was white, composed of 2 racks, including:
2 harddisk modules that there were not there.
1 TK 50 tape streamer
1 double RX33 or RX50
1 CPU module
1 free slot. I think that there was something there.

Its measures were (more or less)
Height: 50"
Wide: 60"
prof: 40"

Weight: I did not tried it, I think it was very heavy.

For those people who have never seen a VAXstation2000 it is:
CPU box: Approx: 12" x 6" x 12"    (Wide x Height x prof)   (
RD53 box: Approx 12" x 5" x 12"

I saw one time the VAX8600 from UPC (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya).
I don't know if it is already alive. If I'm not wrong it was called
efib01.upc.es
*that* was a real machine :-)
Does anybody know if there is a diesel motor to spin the hard drives? 8-)

Thanks to everybody in the list for the info.

Bye.

Marc.