Subject: Re: Converting 3-pahse VAX Power.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG, andre@capes1.vector.co.za>
From: Johnny Billquist konsult <qmwjyb@emw.ericsson.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/28/1996 11:12:37
> Here is a note from my friend about how he converted his VAX to run on single
> phase. I am sending it to the list, as a few people where intereseted and I am
> sure others may be too.

And just to make sure you don't do a big mistake: *Never* do this
with a VAX86x0.

They really *do* need the 3-phase. The large fans are 3-phase motors,
so unless you have all three phases, your fans ain't going to run.
And the 86x0 is made with ECL, so you can guess what will happen
pretty fast.

For the same reason, never connect an 86x0 with the phases backwards,
or you'll get your fans running backwards, which will lead to the
same result (which I'm sure someone from LUDD can tell... ;-)

	Johnny