Subject: RE: ROM routines for console I/O on uVAX II
To: None <"bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 27-Mar-1996 0631 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/27/1996 07:30:58
VBORMC::"bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org" wrote:

>some weeks ago somebody on this list wrote that he has once written
>a program which used ROM-routines for console I/O on MicroVAX II.
>Today I was trying to find the ROM addresses, and I think I found
>the routine to read one character, but I couldn't manage to write
>a character.

If you mean me, then I wrote a program some years ago which did console I/O on
various platforms. I think I mentioned the PVAX class of machines in response to
a query about the uVAX 2000. As far as I know, for the MicroVAX II you can use
the standard console IPRs. For the VAXstation II I guess you'll need to talk to
the VCB directly. I have a tech doc for the VCB02 lying around somewhere and I
recall that it gives you enough information (just about) to do this. Let me know
if you need this info.

Regards

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet/OSI for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England