Subject: Re: non important question.
To: Marc Malagelada i Duch <marc@hades.udg.es>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/1996 13:32:20
On March 26, you wrote:
> Last week I first saw a uVAX-II.
> What a big machine! I was astonished!
> Compared with my VAXstations2000 and a VAX3500, it is a beast.
> Are all them so big or are there different models?

  No offense...but I had to laugh out loud when I read this.  I'll try
to find some pictures to put up on my web server...but a MicroVAX II
is one of the smallest VAXen ever built.  A VAX-11/780, for example,
is over five feet high, about five feet wide, and about three feet
deep.  But that's a very old machine.

  A VAX8978 is a better example of more recent, *large* technology.
It is a cluster built from eight 8700 processors and four SA800 disk
arrays.  That VAX will very easily fill a large room.  An incredibly
powerful machine, too.

                           -Dave