Subject: Re: start up question
To: Robert Smith <rmsmith@csc.com>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/1996 09:59:25
On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Robert Smith wrote:

> As I setup 1.1A, I am having one funky little business on
> login.
> I am going thru the sys admin manuals to see if I can figure it
> out but I don't seem to be executing the .login or .cshrc
> scripts.

	I dont know offhand on thsi one - are the files owned by the
	correct user?

> I can't seem to get the tty to be set up as vt100.

	If its a directly connected terminal then you should be editing
	/etc/ttys to set the term type! :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
 >=- OpenBSD http://www.openbsd.org. Free un*x for {sparc,i386,m68k,...} -=<
       <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>