Subject: Re: uVAX II Q-bus hardware
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/1996 00:27:05
On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > Does all MSCP (also TMSCP?) controllers work then? Or at least should work (:
> >
> Yes, correct!
>
> > We've got an Emulex SCSI controller (UC-08) that is MSCP and TMSCP compatible.
> >
> Emulex UC04 is known _not_ to work, but UC07 does. If you try
> UC08, please tell me so that I can notice it.

If I remember correctly (I installed a lot of these cards some years ago
;-) an UC08 is simply _two_ UC07s on the same card. Both cards are
full-height QBUS cards, but one half (the lower?) of the UC07 is blank
("empty"). To install an UC08 you will have to assign it two addresses,
one for the upper controller and one for the lower. The "normal"
configuration was to use one as a MSCP (disk) controller @ 772150 and the
other as a TMSCP (tape) controller @ 774500.

I've still got a copy of the UC07/UC08 installation/reference manual
somewhere, if you need more info.

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | Jaguar Enthusiast/Ford owner