Subject: A question and some docs
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/15/1996 21:50:55
Question:
Can you use an 8mb RAM card from a MicroVAX 3xxx in a MicroVAX II?

Docs:
Can anybody summarize the DHV11 for me? I have the manual for it,
"DHV11 Technical Manual" with programming code, schematics, etc,
and I'm not really sure what I have. It is an 8-port serial card
of some sort? (M3104 I believe). I don't think I have the card,
so if somebody else has one and needs docs, yell.

Also, I have an Emulex CP24 "Technical Manual" that is pretty worthless
if you know how to put a card in a machine. Anybody seen this card,
and know how to interface with it?

Oh, sorry, one more question:
I've seen people "mop" a DECstation (network boot it). I'm told you
can also mop a VAX. Is this a standard rarp song-and-dance, or
does it take special software? Can I boot a uVAX II from a Sun 3
running StunOS 4.1.1?

XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore CSC/CPE     kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu
XCOMM North Carolina State University      kevinneal@bix.com