Subject: Further confusion
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Russ Zaccari <zaccari@digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/1996 14:36:14
Due to a suggestion I have pulled the controller that ran the external RD53.
Now comes my new problem(s)...

1)  the internal hard drive dub0 and tape drive mua0  are no longer operations.
2)  the controller for the internal RD54 is set for dub and I'd like to change it to
	dua.  From looking at the card the only identification I can find is
	SCD-RQD11/EC.  There are three switch banks SW1 (1-4:  1+4 on),
	SW2 (1-10: 3+9 on) and SW3 (1-4:  1+2+3+4 on).

My questions are:
1)  can I connect the RD53 to the RQD11?  there are what appears to be 4
	data connectors on this board.
2)  what are the backplane rules for a VSII?  when I removed the video card
	it was in the last slot but the external drive was controlled by a half
	card 3rd in (the tape drive controller is also in that slot in the top half)
	and the internal hard drive controller is in the second from the end (the
	RQD11 referenced above)

In the meantime I'm going to have to put the beast back together and think of
something else to try.

Russ...
zaccari@digex.net
http://www.access.digex.net/~zaccari.