Subject: Success at last
To: None <owner-port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Smith <rmsmith@csc.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/08/1996 11:50:17
Approximately 30 minutes ago I successfully completed the installation
of NetBSD binaries on my beastie - uVII with 13MB, RD54, TK50, and
other stuff.

I want to thank every one that helped - Gunnar, david, Mike, Ragge,
and all the rest of you folks!

How did I do it?  I took a week off - I did not touch the vax for
a week. I sat down with my hardcopy of the FAQ and read it cover to
cover.  I powered up the vax, plunked the first of my two tapes in,
and booted off the tape.  Followed Ragge's annotated install instructions
found in the FAQ.  Took out the boot tape and put in my single TK50 tape
with all the .gz files.  followed Bertrams directions in the FAQ and
read off all the files - following the  FAQ I had mounted the /usr
partition and put them all there - more space than root for each of
the files - then moved over individual .gz files and unpacked them,
untar'd them, did the MAKEDEV, did a halt, rebooted the machine from
dua0.

The FAQ works.  A most sincere thanks for all your patience folks!!
smiling bob!!
ahhhh more vaxen to go - now I just have to fight with VI!!

OOOOO - I got no Swedish terms of endearment, the connection to
the console is running 9600,8,N,1 -
Thanks
bob