Subject: Halt on 'A'
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <kpneal@unity.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/06/1996 06:48:01
My freshly pulled from the dumpster VAXstation II/RC is complaining.

I hooked up a VT220 to it and cut it on to see what I could see.

The led in the back starts on F when I cut it on, then goes down to
'A' and freezes there.

I did get my hands on an old service manual, and it says that 'A'
means (among other things) that the machine is looking for the
keyboard and monitor. The machine does have a keyboard and monitor
connections on the back.

Any way around this? Or do I have to buy a monitor and keyboard?
Which monitor and keyboards will work? Perhaps a ds2100 keyboard
with adaptor? Sigh.

XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore CSC/CPE     kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu
XCOMM North Carolina State University      kevinneal@bix.com