Subject: edlabel and RD53 followup.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Smith <rmsmith@csc.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/1996 19:25:31
Hey folks - need some more advice:
I had a 53 as my user disk on a vms setup (dua1 in vms parlance).
i ran edlabel and thought I set it up as I have been advised.  tried
to write the label - thought I did.

I took my three drives (Yeah I tried it on 3 drives)
and put them back on VMS system one at a time.

Now I can't get either system to recognize them.  Does Edlabel do somthing
to the low level format?  Does Edlabel do something strang so that
I can't recognize a drive?  I doubt it !!

I have one drive that hangs the controller -  I have that one
marked and put aside.

I plan on running the MD (dec diagnostic tape) to see if
I can see the drives some how..

Any advice from anyone??  Should I just get a vaxstation 2000 and low leve
format the suckers???

Thanks as usual....
bob