Subject: It builds, it won't build
To: Kevin Zachmann <zach@acsu.buffalo.edu>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/29/1996 13:51:10
> The purpose is to test and get working the 9track drive, a ts device.
> The kernel issues nice messages about the tsprobe and it's status,
> but also complains that zs0 didn't interrupt. If I'm not mistaken
> isn't the zs device the onboard terminal lines, ie console, and if
> so why is it complaining about address 1772520 where my ts controller
> is. THIS is why I wanted to rebuild my kernel, and begin some work.

This is my fault. I read some 4.3BSD man-pages where the name
"ts" was used for the device and "zs" for the controler. Thus
I used the same names. This might change in the future. Just
ignore it.

BTW: In the more recent GENERIC kernels ts-support is compiled in
     by default. Maybe you should try one of them...
     Ragge, are there more recent kernels available?

Ciao,
	bertram