Subject: RE: vs2000 console etc.
To: None <"rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 27-Feb-1996 0852 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/1996 09:50:59
>Yep, now I see the console I/O routine entry points listed for the ROM, but
>can't see any doc on how you talk to them.

I scanned the TM quickly last night but could not find any mention of how to
talk to the console.

I have some (old) code which assumes that the uV2K console works the same way as
the PVAX console e.g. to write a character to the console:

	; Put char in R2 and then ...
	JSB @#20040058

The 20040058 (hex) is from IO43$AB_CPPUTCHR.

I don't recall ever testing this out on a real uV2K although the same source
file has code for a uVAX 3100-90 and a uVAX 3600 and a uVAX II, and works on all
three of those.

The ROM listings for the uVAX II and for the uVAX 2000 used to be available on
the microfiche (I think). If that source of information is not acceptable, then
just check the 8 or so possible entry points. Call any which are non-zero with
the character you want to transmit in R2 and see which one(s) work ... I would
expect much of the interface to be similar to the KA655 interface which *is*
documented in publically accessible manuals. (I think the KA630 user guide also
documents the uVAX II ROM entry points).

Antonio