Subject: disk/floppy controller on VS2000
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/1996 15:50:33
Now that Roger Ivie told me how to write to the VS2000 console, at
least I know where I'm stuck: it's the disk/floppy controller.

According to Roger the controller on the VS2000 is not an MSCP controller.
Thus I'm looking for documentation on this controller and for hints
how to program it. Preferable example-code or docs which I can get
via email or ftp...

Even better would be to find somebody who already wrote a driver for
that controller or somebody with docs who's willing to write one :-)

Ciao,
	bertram

PS: Anybody having a "VAXstation 2000 / MicroVAX2000 Technical Manual" ?
    (Order No. EK-VTAA-TM.) I'd like to know what parts/procedures
    are documented in that manual on on which level/detail.

PPS: in th meanwhile I think I know where the registers of the
     controller are located, but I still have no idea about
     what to write into these or how to interpret their contents...