Subject: More VS3100 Shenanigans...
To: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/19/1996 09:58:00
>  	Where can I find NetBSD for uVAX II ? I have been looking for it
> for hours in ftp.netbsd.org and have not found anything of the like. I

The path is /pub/NetBSD/vax/rx33, the files are named rx33-bootdisk-10A,
rx33-copy1-10A, and rx33-copy2-10A. But since NetBSD/vax doesn't support
VS3100 (yet), the only relevant file is rx33-bootdisk-10A.

> have come across some boot.gz and raboot.gz files for the 11/750 but
> nothing for the uVAX II. I have a 386 as a terminal hooked to the serial
> printer port as a console terminal looking for activity but none so far.
> One boot image gave me a 43 FILESTRUCT 84 FAIL message. It's getting to

There are at least two things you could check on your VS3100:
- what happens if you enter the eqivalent to "mtpr $'A',$PR-TXDB" at
  the console prompt?
	>>> dep/i 23 41
- if the letter 'A' get's displayed, then you could check what happens
  if you boot your VS3100 from a floppy holding the bootdisk image.

This won't get you a running system, but it might give some hints about
where the problems are and where the system fails ...

> the point where I would rather have someone jolly-roger a VMS or Ultrix
> boot floppy image.  Who out there has VS machines w/o an OS other than
> Marc and I? SPEAK UP!

I've a VS2000 temporarily for testing. But I've run into problems with
console output and I'm stuck.

Ciao,
	bertram

PS: VMS or Ultrix are not that bad. :-)