Subject: MicroVax II .... HELP!
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Anders Frihagen <Anders.Frihagen@hd.uib.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/1996 11:19:21
I have been given a MicroVax II with quite a lot of disk, and (I am
told) "enough" memory.  There is NO documentation with the machine.
The machine is working and running VMS.
My questions are the following:
- How can I find out (Using only the console) how the machine is
  configured (disk, memory and so on)
- How do I write the "mini-root" tape on the TK50 tape unit in VMS?
- How do I get the rest of the operating system into the machine?
  (I do have a Linux machine with loads of diskspace and a ethernet
   card, but no ethernet to the outside world)

If there is a FAQ for this I would like a pointer to where!

| Anders Frihagen | Humanistisk Datasenter, Universitetet i Bergen   |
| Avd. Ingenioer   | Norwegian Computing Centre for the Humanities    |
| ================  University of Bergen, Norway                     |
| anders.frihagen@hd.uib.no  phone +47 55212954 fax +47 55322656     |