Subject: uvax II question du jour...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Young <young@ecn.purdue.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/1996 11:01:24
	OK experts, here's my question of the day. I'm booting a uVax II from
TK50, using reggae's "file1" (boot, edlabel, and copy) and "file2"
(the miniroot).  All goes as advertised, UNTIL I try to use disklabel to
make my RA81 bootable,  viz:

# disklabel -B /dev/ra0a
disklabel: cannot find /usr/mdec/aboot    <<-- eh? This file ain't in the
#                                              miniroot image !
# disklabel -B -b /boot /dev/ra0a
disklabel: bootstrap doesn't leave room for disk label

	OK, I'm stuck at this point. Do I need to specify a different
boot image file? Am I using disklabel incorrectly? Am I specifying the
wrong physical device? Did I mis-label the RA81, and if so, how do I
tell?

|   Mike Young     young@ecn.purdue.edu     Purdue University ECE Dept. |
|   W. Lafayette, IN 47907-1285    http://dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu/~young/ |