Subject: Re: uvax II question du jour...
To: Mike Young <young@ecn.purdue.edu>
From: Holger B. Austinat <hba1@cec.wustl.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/1996 14:23:41
Hi Mike,

> # disklabel -B /dev/ra0a
> disklabel: cannot find /usr/mdec/aboot    <<-- eh? This file ain't in the
> #                                              miniroot image !

We had the same problem when we installed NetBSD.  Here's what we were
told back than:

$ I had the same problem and I was told that that file was left out by
$ mistake.  Here's what you have to do...
$
$ Boot up the "mini-root", and then unload the boot tape and then reload
$ it so it is at the beginning of the tape.  Then do the follwoing:
$
$	mount -u /dev/ra0b /
$	cd /usr/mdec
$	dd if=/dev/rmt8 of=raboot count=16
$
$ This will copy the file from the tape.  You should then be able to do
$ "disklabel -B ra0" with no problems.

Hope this works.

  Holger

          *** newly excited user of NetBSD on a uVAXII ***
       | HOLGER AUSTINAT              phone: (314) 935-1200 |
       |                         e-mail: hba1@cec.wustl.edu |
             *** proud member of the CEC shit list ***