Subject: arithmetic trap trap on install??
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey D. McMahill <jma7+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/07/1996 13:43:48
I'm trying to install NetBSD-1.0A on my MicroVAX II, and having some
problems.  (Is 1.0A the most recent version, or did I miss a newer one
somewhere?)  It has 16 megs memory, TK50 tape, Dilog DQ656 (MSCP) hard
drive controller and two Fujitsu m2246e 140 meg disks.
edlabel and copy seemed to work just fine, however I get the following
problem trying to bring up the miniroot for the first time:

>>> b/3 mua0
Nboot
: ra(0,1)gennetbsd
sbi0 at backplane0: Q22
uba0 at sbi0 tr0
uda0 at uba0 csr 172150 vec 177, ipl 17
uda0: version 0 model 13
uda0: DMA burst size set to 4
ra0 at uda0 slave 0kernel: arithmetic trap trap, code=2
Stopped at        0x8005f72d:Ok{nd instruktion: 3c
db>

Any ideas?  Is there maybe some slight difference with the
MSCP emulation on the DQ656?

Also, has anybody done any work on X servers, specifically for
the VCB01 (QVSS)?  If not, I might be interested in working on
it.  I've even got the technical manual...

   -Jeff