Subject: Monitor HELP for VS3100 & Vax Port ETA (fwd)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David <david@mono.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/02/1996 13:19:05
> From psapp@cnct.comFri Feb  2 13:11:56 1996
> Subject: Monitor HELP for VS3100 & Vax Port ETA
>

> Pardon the gibberish:mask off high bit, Word Star Sux!

	(while(<>) { tr:\x80-\xFF:\x00-x\7f:; print; }... I like perl :)

>      I  finall  got a monitor that will run on the VS  3100  M76
> SPX. Wonderful! Here comes the fun part. I need an OS. Has anyone
> an ETA concerning NetBSD w/ C compiler for VS3100 machines and  C
> source for Samba? I am looking to link this beast to a network of
> (yecch)  Wintel  boxes just for the hell of it. I am  stuck  with
> having to use a 1.44 MB flopp (RX23) as a boot device.

	I haven't heard of any work on a port to any VaxStation yet...
	Just for reference, what other vax machines are people working
	on porting netbsd onto?
	Once you have a box running NetBSD samba should just compile
	'out of the box'...

>      I  got  a  DEC VAXstation 3100 up to  monitor  level.  Would
> anyone  be willing as to posting or e-mailing me a list  of  what
> can  be done from the monitor level. There was no OS on the  hard
> drives.  I am in the process of hacking trial/error on  the  TEST
> codes. I have alread reformatted the HDD's with TEST 75 and  had
> verified  the flopp format w/ TEST 76 (kludged  drive  interface
> and mounting). Thanks.

	uhh.. pass :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
     >=- Microsoft asks you where you want to go. Unix gets you there -=<
        <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>