Subject: Re: top?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1996 19:12:00
> > Has anyone ported top to run on the vax port?  It compiles okay (with
> > the usual annoyances involving sys_errlist[]), but gets a floating point
> > exception.  I suspect it's something fairly simple, but didn't want to
> > go debugging if someone has already fixed it.
> >
> If you have an old libm, there may be a bug in scalb() causing troubles.
> Be sure that you have at least the libm that were in 1.1 Release.

Apropos top: top shows the cpu states in percentage for user/system/interrupt
and idle. I've never seen anything else but 0.0% idle on my vax. Is this
specific to the vax-architecture or are there other reasons for that?
vmstat and ps (sum of %CPU for all processes is 100) show a similiar behaviour.

Ciao,
	bertram

PS: I've top running on my vax since some months. If the new libm doesn't
    solve your problem I could have a look if I've changed anything else ...