Subject: VaxStation2000
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Malagelada i Duch <marc@hades.udg.es>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1996 02:18:48
Hi folks.

I'm Marc Malagelada, from University of Girona, and I'm working in the
"Computer architecture Laboratory".

I have a VaxStation2000 CPU with a Floppy disk drive and network adaptor,
and a harddisk on a expansion box (RD53).
The FirmWare is version 2.1
I have also a nice 20" color monitor, a graphic tablet and a keyboard.

Don't really know the amount of memory, I'm not very familiar with the
Firmware tests.
It passes all Diagnostic tests, and gives Information about the adaptors
installed, so I think the hardware is OK.

There is no operating system to load cause this station loaded from network,
and the server is no longer running (pity).

Could anybody please tell me If I can do anything useful with this machine?
It seems that there is going to appear a version of FreeBSD for VS2000.

I ask this because other people working in the Lab want to take off the
harddisk of this machine to put it in a old Tandon386, and I'm not very
fond of doing this.

Any information about this machine will be appreciated, and will be used
to avoid the disaster.
As you see I don't know nearly nothing about DEC hardware, sorry.

Thank-you.

Marc.

                                                    marc@hades.udg.es
                                                    marc@abu.udg.es