Subject: vax (fwd)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Burnett <pdb@neverlnd.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/17/1996 07:57:00
Tuesday January 16 1996, carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com writes to All:

 c> pdb@neverlnd.demon.co.uk "Peter Burnett" wrote:

 >> The TZ30 can fit in the 3100 cases, lefthand side/front.....

 c> This is true for the MicroVAX 3100 range and for the VAXstation 3100-30
 c> and -38. But the VAXstation 3100 Model 76 used SIMMS instead of daughter
 c> boards for its RAM. There is a slight ridge at the front of the plate
 c> that supports the disk drives. Standard 3100 parts will not normally
 c> fit. I have one of these on my desk and I could not get a TZ30 from a
 c> VAXstation 3100-30 to fit. There may be a special mounting bracket
 c> available (but I could not track one down); the standard bracket was no
 c> use in this situation. Even the RX23 (or RX23S) needs a different
 c> mounting bracket to mount in a VS3100-76.

I stand corrected... I should have made it clear I was talking about the models
10 and 30 range of the 3100's.... Trying to source a second-user TZ30's within
the UK at a sensible price is almost impossible :-)... I did fit a WangTek
5525ES (525MB Scsi) Tape drive inthe box but it refuses to work properlly, It
can be seen on boot up but INIT and MOUNT all give errors but that a problem
for another list on another day ( unless someone wants to take this to email
and offer some suggestions on this :-)
--
Peter Burnett              Internet: pdb@neverlnd.demon.co.uk
10 Parsons Close                     system.VAX2@neverlnd.demon.co.uk