Subject: Re: async multiplexers
To: None <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de, ceharris@mal.com>
From: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.UCSD.EDU>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/16/1996 11:11:05
As the keeper of the "Microcomputer Products Handbook" EB26078 41/85,
I can contribute something to this.

> > M7957 is DZV11 (4 ports, with FIFO)
> > M3106 is DZQ11 (4 ports, with FIFO)
> >
> > for one of them I've some documentation. If you're interested mail me
> > for details.
>
> Yes, it is an M7957 -- I've transposed digits above.  For now, if someone
> could tell me about switchpacks E30 and E2.  From the board etchings, it
> looks like switchpack E30 sets the CSR address, bits 12 down to 3.
> On switchpack E2, it looks like the vector address bits 8 down to 3 are
> on switches 1 through 6.  There are two more switches on E2.  Can someone
> confirm this, and tell me the function of the remaining pair of switches?

Switch settings for DZV11 and DZQ11 seem to be the same, except that
the names of the switchpacks have been changed.

                        DZV11           DZQ11

CSR Address <12-3>      E28 <1-10>      E30 <1-10>
Vector Data <8-3>       E13 <1-6>       E2  <1-6>

For the DZV11 bits E13 <7-10> are documented as follows:
        <7>     not used
        <8>     test switch, disconnects the oscillator.  ON for operation
        <9-10>  response to BREAK on serial line 3
                OFF OFF no response
                ON  OFF processor halts
                OFF ON  processor reboots
                ON  ON  illegal configuration

There seems to be no mention of DZQ11 bits E2 <7-8>.

    carl
        carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                  clowenstein@ucsd.edu