Subject: RE: vax (fwd)
To: None <"pdb@neverlnd.demon.co.uk"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 16-Jan-1996 1122 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/16/1996 12:14:35
pdb@neverlnd.demon.co.uk "Peter Burnett" wrote:

>The TZ30 can fit in the 3100 cases, lefthand side/front.....

This is true for the MicroVAX 3100 range and for the VAXstation 3100-30 and -38.
But the VAXstation 3100 Model 76 used SIMMS instead of daughter boards for its
RAM. There is a slight ridge at the front of the plate that supports the disk
drives. Standard 3100 parts will not normally fit. I have one of these on my
desk and I could not get a TZ30 from a VAXstation 3100-30 to fit. There may be a
special mounting bracket available (but I could not track one down); the
standard bracket was no use in this situation. Even the RX23 (or RX23S) needs a
different mounting bracket to mount in a VS3100-76.

Antonio
carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com