Subject: async multiplexers
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Carl Harris <ceharris@mal.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/15/1996 18:39:52
Brief status report on the driver for the DHU/DHV/DHQ asynchronous
multiplexer.  I began working on the actual driver code, in earnest,
last weekend -- everything prior to that had just been experimental
code to figure out how to make a working driver.

As of yesterday, the match and attach routines are fully functional,
thanks to some help from Ragge, including some new functionality
he added to uba.c to support devices which use more than one interrupt
vector.  They've been tested against the DHV11 and DHQ11.

I'm working on the open, close, and ioctl routines at the moment.  The
toughest routines -- the ISRs for transmit and receive -- are yet to
come...

I have documentation on the DHV11 and DHQ11 (which are both Q-bus devices).
While the DHQ11 is fully DHU11 compatible, I would like to have the genuine
DHU11 technical manual if someone can spare it.

One last item.  I have in my possession another async mux (M9757) which
I know nothing about.  Can someone identify this for me?

--Carl