Subject: Re: help with kda50/ra90? no docs..
To: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 09-Jan-1996 2121 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/1996 04:46:28
On January 9, you wrote:
> I had to add a KDA50 to a Q-bus machine a few weeks back and I found it
> very useful to be able to do this with a MicroVAX III (KA650/KA655) CPU.
> That way you can use SHOW DEVICE at the console to see whether the KDA50
> can even talk to your drive(s). With the MicroVAX II (KA630) you don't
> get this extra level of debugging.

  I just tried that...got a ka640 from a MicroVAX 3300...It saw the
controller at 772150 but it didn't say anything about any drives being
attached.  The drive is plugged into kda50 port 0, addressed as id 0,
with both A and B ports enabled.  I've got two ra90 drives now; same
result on both with two different controllers.  It's all in a ba23
box; we're all still snowed-in here so I may try a different box and
backplane tomorrow, just in case there's something weird going on in
the backplane.

> What codes do you see on the two sets of LEDs?

  On the m7164, the one marked "1" is blinking and the one marked "4"
is on solid.  The m7165's leds are all off.  What's that one mean?

                   Thanks,
                    -Dave